Tremolo Bar.

StormLeader

No matter what you use it's probably not gonna hold up great. Like other hardware, those arms are usually either plated, anodized, or powder coated. I guess if you really wanna do it you have a couple choices. Take it to someone who can powder coat it, might be hard to find someone who will do such a small single piece though. The other idea, probably what I would do if I wanted to try it, is just to make sure you sand it down really well, don't break the paint that's on it though, go with 6 or 800 grit, get rid of all shine, and just go with enamel spray paint. Others may have other suggestions, but nothin's gonna be great unless you get it powder coated.

It's worth calling a few places that do powder coating - it's not like white is a really out there color - I've gotten a few small things powder coated for cheap by letting the guy toss it in with a paying customers batch. Meant my turnaround time sucked, but I didn't have to pay much either. I imagine a smaller shop will be more amenable to this.

Another option that may or may not work or look good but is reasonably reversable is that dip rubber for tool handles. I believe you can get it in white. Keep the end that goes into the body clear, of course. Plus you get a no-slip grip!

• 1 month later...