New At This Forum Thing..

I am new to this forum thing, so I guess I will use this to help me figure out how to do this. Here are some pictures of a guitar I finished in January 09. Tell me what you think.

Sorry, thought I had it figured out, apparently I jumped the gun. I think I need to do some more research. I will try to have them up soon though.

Welcome!

To post pics:

Get a free account at http://photobucket.com (or something similar...I like Photobucket best)

Follow instructions at Photobucket to upload your pics

Each pic, after it's uploaded to Photobucket, will have a box below it that starts with IMG (surrounded by square brackets)

Copy the text in that box

Start a post here and paste the text into it

Voila!

:D

Edit: Here's what your pic will look like once it's at Photobucket... The last text box at the bottom is what you'll want to copy from there and paste here (by left-clicking the box which will highlight it, then right-clicking and selecting Copy).

photobuckethelp.png

Edited by Rick500

Welcome!

To post pics:

Get a free account at http://photobucket.com (or something similar...I like Photobucket best)

Follow instructions at Photobucket to upload your pics

Each pic, after it's uploaded to Photobucket, will have a box below it that starts with IMG (surrounded by square brackets)

Copy the text in that box

Start a post here and paste the text into it

Voila!

:D

Edit: Here's what your pic will look like once it's at Photobucket... The last text box at the bottom is what you'll want to copy from there and paste here (by left-clicking the box which will highlight it, then right-clicking and selecting Copy).

photobuckethelp.png

Thanks Rick! I am certainly not a computer genious, so I had a friend come over and help me, using your suggestion. Ive got an account set up over at photo bucket, and hope to participate more in the future. But for now, I got those pictures up I wanted to .

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really apreciate the encouragement. I have seen some really nice work on this forum already, in the short time I have been on here! I was kind of nervous to put up pictures of my work.I will post more, I just need to go through some of my pictures, and see what Ive got.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really apreciate the encouragement. I have seen some really nice work on this forum already, in the short time I have been on here! I was kind of nervous to put up pictures of my work.I will post more, I just need to go through some of my pictures, and see what Ive got.

Heres a couple....webgreg9.jpg

webmaple1.jpg

weblilbastard1.jpg

Sorry about the glare in the first pic....

[Heres a couple....webgreg9.jpg

That's my kind of guitar! Blonde quilt and gold hardware FTW!

The fingerboard on the first guitar you posted is really cool, is it macassar ebony??

I think it is gabon, or whatever other ebony is usually solid black. I think this piece is with the hartwood however. I have heard it is quite hard to find. I got lucky, and got it as a gift from a luthier friend of mine. I am not 100% sure however.