First Build: Nt 7string Explorer

Hmmm...Bubinga and alder...interesting combination.

Headstock looks great.Only thing I worry about is that it will be neck heavy...this is what I would do...

Make the "body" part of the neck through wider than what you have drawn...about 4" wide I would guess...this will provide more insurance against neck diving with that 27" scale

If that is not acceptable...consider light tuners and a thinner than average headstock and neck(I would make a 3/4" neck and about a 1/2" or even 7/16" headstock.)

and make sure you put the strap button behind the neck heel,not on the upper "horn" where you have it...(see where I have mine?)

In case you are wondering,I do this same thing on all potentially neck heavy guitars...

l_c15b5fcf3e9a84f7004ac773693776c7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hmm, trying to resize the headstock, I i cant really get it to either look good or for the tuners to line up well, think i'll just keep it at this size

wes, the strap button placement was just a relic of the original drawing i modified, i hadnt actually chosen it yet, i'll wait to see how it hangs before actually drilling for either position

• 2 months later...