Finish Crack?

Hey can any one tell me whether the damage at this neck joint is just in the finish or whether the actual joint has cracked and moved (to me it looks like its just in the finish but I dont know).

IMGP2821.jpg

IMGP2826.jpg

IMGP2835.jpg

IMGP2836.jpg

IMGP2841.jpg

IMGP2845.jpg

Also can any one tell me what the finish is, nitro or poly etc, there is definatly some colour in the clear coat, if I tried to repair it by adding more nitro to melt the crack will I have to match the colour thats in the finish, or will clear be fine?

Cheers

That is a finish check and not a crack at the neck joint trust me. To fix it simply clear the excess laquer or whatever finish that is on there ie the loose stuff and then get some ordinary clear nail varnish and drop fill it till you have the required amount to level and smooth it down and then with some very fine wet/dry paper smooth down and polish, hope this helps.

That is a finish check and not a crack at the neck joint trust me. To fix it simply clear the excess laquer or whatever finish that is on there ie the loose stuff and then get some ordinary clear nail varnish and drop fill it till you have the required amount to level and smooth it down and then with some very fine wet/dry paper smooth down and polish, hope this helps.

+1