P-90 Screws

no, they mount in a very differentway to humbuckers. they generally use long thin screws through the middle of the pickup on soapbars or you can use scratchplate screws on dogears. they will either be sold as P-90 screws or bass pickup screws, put some dense foam underneath the pickup to raise it up.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know how to mount them... I was asking specifically about the screws & springs. I have some, but they didn't come with covers, screws, springs, or foam. All of the soap-bar (not dog-eared) covers I find don't come with screws or springs, so I'm asking if they use the same as a regular humbucker, just in a different way.

either i am missing the point of the question or the answer is still no, they need different screws

are we talking about the same thing, with humbuckers - the screws (or more accurately bolts) that go through the pickup tabs and hold it onto the ring. P-90's are direct mounted to the wood with screws (definatly not bolts unless you are using inserts in the cavity)

so again, to mount a P-90 you need long thin screws that will either be sold as p-90 screws or bass pickup screws

yes i must be being dense, really struggling tonight, must be the vodka.

to the question

Do P-90s use the same height screws & springs as humbuckers?

i said

no

and

they generally use long thin screws through the middle of the pickup

i know i threw some more info in, because obviously the answer is never definitive and there are other instances which change the answer completely... just trying to give complete answers that apply to mroe situations

help me out here - whats wrong with my bloody words :D :D

help me out here - whats wrong with my bloody words

Well, nothing really. You were wanting to focus on how to mount them, which I already know how to do. I was just a little unclear if the normal HB screws would work or not. They won't.

Now be a good drunk and go hit on your girl. Cuz they like it when we're fubar and feeling randy. :D

Edited by avengers63

Now be a good drunk and go hit on your girl. Cuz they like it when we're fubar and feeling randy. :D

is that so.... off i go!!

fwiw i only focused on how to mount them because thats what affects the screws or bolts or machine screws you would use... and i generally avoid the simple answers :D