My Band

Narcissism

Hi Everyone!

I just thought I'd share a video of me playing with the first edition of From Simple Fear. The band is now a 5 piece with another bassist and another singer due to the band being based in Dover, NH and me being based in B-town, VT. It sounds pretty different now, but I liked this version of the band the most. I thought I'd share it with you all! I'm on the left with my favorite Frankenbass: V4.13!

From Simple Fear - Breakaway

Pretty cool sound you guys had. You still doing bass work in a band? My band is getting set for it's first gig and its loaded with so many ways to fail.

1)We're Extreme Metal.

2)This will be the Singer's first gig. Ever.

3)Its for a Benefit concert with other acts who are completely not metal

4)all of my family, immediate and in laws, will be there. They are not metal fans.

5)The stage is the size of a kitchen table.

6)We are no where mentioned to be there on the bill.

7)Angsty lyrics + Dethklok vocals + Punk speed metal drumming +Aggressive crunchy guitars + blazing solos + thundering bass +65 and older crowd.....= someone is going to have a heart attack.

I'm thinking before we take the stage to issue warnings to the crowd. Hopefully my friend will remember to bring a camera so we can record this haunting memory.

I'm trying out for a band right now actually! I'll be a bassist and backup/lead vocals. Its interesting, because I can sing, but I've never really thought about weather or not I should do it in a band.

On my first live show, the drummer/clean vocalist decided to mosh and broke his nose. We ended up playing the show with a different drummer who didn't know any of our songs. It was embarrasing as all hell, but A lot of people liked our music! The drummer also went from grunge to metal because of us :D

The band I'm trying out for is more indie rock than anything else... That's not my taste personally, but he said there's a chance of metal being quite an influence in the band. So from a scale between country and death metal (two extremes), this will end up somewhere in the middle as a sort of classic rock sound. I quit my last two bands because I decided to figure out what the lyrics were. Turns out it was all about old girlfriends, and a bunch of other weird emo stuff that I didn't want to represent. I like music that tells a story. I dislike music that complains.

Bruce Dickinson is my hero ^.^

Well, after the 60's surf band played, we slowly set up our equipment and got everything ready. I gazed out among the sea of faces, mostly children and older folk and spoke the words, "Ladies and Gentlemen. We are Gryzor. If you have high blood pressure, heart problems, have small children or are pregnant, please locate the exit at the back and file out in an orderly fashion. (Brief pause as I looked tat the confusion.) Alright, you've been warned." WE ran through our aggressive set. With relatively little problems. The worst was that my EQ was messed up and we should've brought monitors because our drummer couldnt hear us. After a few songs, I grabbed the mike again. "I see some of you are still here. Perhaps we aren't trying hard enough. Remember the bar is still open. With each drink our music sounds a little better." We finished our set and packed up. No one threw things at us. NO one called us names. My brother wanted to get us down to Florida or a few shows because he wanted us to meet his friends, some band called "Trivium."

The hilarious part was the singer sounded like Nathan Explosion from Dethklok when he "sang" and when I was doing my retort, I had a Les Claypool thing going. My voice when I overuse it tend to get higher register and somewhat twangy. The next practice I let the singer go because his style was too different from the band, no hard feelings. Now we got a Hetfield/Lemmy coming in to audition.