Where Did I Go Wrong?

jpmarsh

So I've completely wired this twice now and have the same result. I'm running two SD humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 3-way rotary, 1 output jack. My goal is a simple neck, neck/bridge, bridge switching. When wired, I get zero hum, sound from both humbuckers, switching works fine. Problem is...no tone contol and greatly reduced volume.

I've looked at my wiring a million times and can't find any loose joints or mistakes. Aside from cold-solder joints, What could I possibly be doing wrong here. I've created a quick drawing of my wiring setup.

Any help or thoughts?

EDIT: Sorry, the pot w/ the cap is the tone, not volume.

JPMWiring.jpg

Edited by jpmarsh

Ok, so I'm gonna have to assume the switch wiring is right cause I don't know anything about rotary switches.

Lookin' at your volume and tone though, you're gonna need to change them around.

Unhook the tone pot (take all the wires off it). Take the hot lead off the switch and wire it to the left terminal on the volume. Then wire from that same terminal to the center terminal on the tone pot. Wire the cap on the tone pot to the right terminal and ground it like you did.

Assuming the switch is right, that should fix ya up.

Ok, I think your switch is wrong too, and I think I know how to fix it, so I'm just gonna redraw your schematic and post it up.

Ok, this should do ya.

JPMWiring.jpg

Edited by anderekel

So I've completely wired this twice now and have the same result. I'm running two SD humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 3-way rotary, 1 output jack. My goal is a simple neck, neck/bridge, bridge switching. When wired, I get zero hum, sound from both humbuckers, switching works fine. Problem is...no tone contol and greatly reduced volume.

I've looked at my wiring a million times and can't find any loose joints or mistakes. Aside from cold-solder joints, What could I possibly be doing wrong here. I've created a quick drawing of my wiring setup.

Any help or thoughts?

>snip<

What cap value?

Any help or thoughts?

>snip<

What cap value?

0.05 from Stewmac