Trubl's Third Build - Ash Rg

So many posts, so little time! Here's the beginning of my third build.

Specs:

Ash body

bolt on neck - hard curly maple, wenge accent strips, african mahogany

macassar ebony fretboard

grover locking tuners

gotoh/wilkinson vs-100 tremolo system

the neck with the feather inlays are for another build... coming soon! :D

l_b44339aa13b74d7996a0f162580ac90c.jpg

l_2038394c1acf4d4d85c99c1ea7e2a6b0.jpg

4482_114591490730_512810730_3231830_7731123_n.jpg

l_eccc14e75afb4a0e981f272c5e6ef041.jpg

l_f09b75798de048e2b1c768d6ff0a1451.jpg

• 7 months later...

Any close ups of the inlays? From what I can see I like the design of the inlay.

Any ideas on finished color on this?

As a general rule, most builds don't get a ton of comments until it is finished up. Usually if you are not getting comments people like it enough not to rip on it, but there's nothing special to make it stand above the rest. An ash Superstrat usually falls into that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Fan#%$&*!~tastic B) I love everything about it, now go shred on that thing :D

as brian adams once said... "played it til my fingers bled"... I haven't played 3+ hours in a day in about 14 years... my left hand hates me right now. the more i play it, the more I want to play it. The tung oil finished neck feels like i'm playing silk. there's zero drag. the only drag is i can never find a buyer for these things... but that's okay... the longer i keep them the longer i can play them :D

the pickups are pretty much as unbalanced as you can get... the single coil is 5.7k dcr with 42awg heavy formvar wire, alnico 5 magnets and the bridge pickup is a 14.6k, 43awg poly wire, alnico 8 with a push/pull split... in single coil mode, the pickup jangles nicely and has similar output to the single but in humbucker mode it's eardrum shattering loud and has a wiked midrange "chug" sound. I may toy with different magnets to see which one i like best in it... I just wanted to build something with a tremolo, a single coil and with a tung oil finish to partner up with the other guitars i've been making which have all been fixed bridge, dual humbuckers...

all in all i'm quite pleased with this guitar... hopefully i can find an interested buyer for it B)