Just noticed something about bassists

The Nordic Gawd

THE CURSE OF THE BASS PLAYER... CONTINUED

...and there came about a great many bass solo albums. And lo, many of them sucked. And it was said, "Never shall their be an album as hip as Jaco's first record, for that was a fluke.

From this day forward, you'll be mired in endless, droning, boring, teaching jobs. This shall be your curse. Ye shall tell of the great theory possibilities, soloing concepts, hip basslines from the Motown era, and much more.

Yet, it will fall on deaf ears. For your students will only want to play the latest heavy metal song, and ye shall not have the heart to tell them which fast-food joint they shall end up working in. They have eyes, yet they do not see. They have been given ears, yet they do not hear.

And lo, man was pissed at this judgment and rebelled giving birth to festivals such as Lillith Fair, and others celebrating women rock stars. And man once again found himself playing bland pop music, taking orders from the woman who could not play her way out of a sack.

Man was sorrowful at this, and God was grieved.

God then said "remember this?" And God brought forth an upright bass. And man said, "but Lord... what shall we do with this canoe?" And God said, "walk the hippest lines on this, for it is groovy in my sight." And man did so, and remembered that jazz was what he should have been playing in the first place.

"He holds victory in store for the upright"

Proverbs 2:7a

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So most of all I hope you were just kidding, ...

Of course leave out my "I hope you were only kidding" part. I just found it hard to believe someone would type that much stuff if they didn't feel passionate about it, and trust me, I've heard plenty of people who have that mentality; remember it's hard to hear voice inflection or intention on a stupid computer.

I guess your post was creative, but I've never seen a "joke" that was so long, so forgive me if I thought you were some freak that was really narrow-minded.

I'm glad to hear it's just a joke, and as far as the CBS or whatever you're talking about w/ God and stuff... I didn't get it, which is why I didn't comment on it.

Anyhow, I think we should rip on drummers, they have big attitude problems!! ha ha