Mandosg

WezV

having a play with this again.

i have a few issues to sort out, bridge is slightly off towards the bass side which i can sort quickly... the other problem is the nut width, which i have decided i want to take in a bit now i have actually managed to try different string spacings. not decided whether to start fresh or carry on working on this one, it was only a test originally

What i have shown so far is that it can take the string tension tuned to E at 14 1/4" scale - feels rather nice, although obviously cramped :D

the good news is it sounds really, really good which is why i am contemplating finishing off the test version.

SDC13276.jpg

SDC13273.jpg

yeah, but as you suggest. if its stuff that came cheap or free i dont really mind

its the vintage rickenbacker pickup that feels really decadent for this :D i was under the impression this was a fairly weak 4k ish pickup but i actually measured it last night and its 8 k with some fairly huge alnico rod magnets in the back. really does sound ncie too

having a play with this again.

i have a few issues to sort out, bridge is slightly off towards the bass side which i can sort quickly... the other problem is the nut width, which i have decided i want to take in a bit now i have actually managed to try different string spacings. not decided whether to start fresh or carry on working on this one, it was only a test originally

What i have shown so far is that it can take the string tension tuned to E at 14 1/4" scale - feels rather nice, although obviously cramped :D

the good news is it sounds really, really good which is why i am contemplating finishing off the test version.

SDC13276.jpg

SDC13273.jpg

lol this SG MIGHT look just the right size for Angus Young!!!!

• 8 months later...