Help With Guitar Kit

I assume that you're on a tight budget. It seems decent I guess. Atleast the body is made from mahogany.

Guitarfetish sells even cheaper kits, I think. Not sure what they're stocking at the moment.

But what is your objective here?

-do you just want a cheap guitar to play?

-or are you interested in the process of building your own guitar for fun, customization, etc..?

If you're on a tight budget and just want something affordable and cheaper then you probably just find a similar on craigslist/ebay for less.

But if you're looking to build a good/decent guitar then maybe you get acquire specific parts from various vendors to suit your tastes. (pickups, body, neck, etc.)

But if this kit is ideal for what you want then maybe you should go for it. It seems decent enough. Though the quality/sound of the pickups are questionable, as are with most budget guitar kits. But that can be easily remedied; you can just replace them later on.

I assume that you're on a tight budget. It seems decent I guess. Atleast the body is made from mahogany.

Guitarfetish sells even cheaper kits, I think. Not sure what they're stocking at the moment.

-or are you interested in the process of building your own guitar for fun, customization, etc..?

If you're on a tight budget and just want something affordable and cheaper then you probably just find a similar on craigslist/ebay for less.

But if you're looking to build a good/decent guitar then maybe you get acquire specific parts from various vendors to suit your tastes. (pickups, body, neck, etc.)

But if this kit is ideal for what you want then maybe you should go for it. It seems decent enough. Though the quality/sound of the pickups are questionable, as are with most budget guitar kits. But that can be easily remedied; you can just replace them later on.

thanks your response was very helpful

yea im more interested in the process of building a guitar, I do realize this isnt gonna be an amazing quality guitar...i mean it is under 200 bucks.. but then again this would be the first guitar i ever build..

thanks for your help man

thanks your response was very helpful

yea im more interested in the process of building a guitar, I do realize this isnt gonna be an amazing quality guitar...i mean it is under 200 bucks.. but then again this would be the first guitar i ever build..

thanks for your help man

You're welcome. :D

By the way, to me painting a guitar is probably the one of the most difficult steps in putting together a guitar, especially if you want it to look half decent. lol

So I suggest you research a bit on painting/finishing to obtain better results.

Such as:

-what paints are available to you

-what primers, undercoat, topcoats are compatible with each other

-safety (eg. toxicity, ventilation, etc.)

-curing times between coats

-where u plan on painting it, weather conditions, etc..

these are just a few things you have to think about

And if you do buy the guitar kit that you mentioned, then I would probably recommend doing a solid color finish since it already comes with sanding sealer on it. I doubt it would accept any wood stains unless you sand off the sand sealer.

But if you want to avoid all the trouble and hassle of painting, then I think the simplest thing to do is just a simple clearcoat for durability, either wipe-on or spray.

Edited by ~davie