Body Uneven And Fretting.

I have had this issue for a while, even before the body was cut out. The body is level on the black but the front is not, it looks like it is cupped although it is not. Should I cut the body in half (is a two piece body) and run it through a regular planer or should I get a hand plane and plane it level by hand? If by hand what type of plane? I know a jack plane will work but which type is best?

I'd like to get it level so I can glue the top down.

Second question: I am (finally) going to glue down my cocobolo fretboard once i finish sanding all the finish off of my ebay strat-esque neck. Can anyone send me a pdf or something of the fret slot and nut slot layout for a strat fretboard? And since I dont have the money to buy a fancy fretsaw, and unless I can find somebody who will be able to slot it for me, could I use a hacksaw blade if I grind down a side a wee bit?

For the fret slots, download program called wfret. You should be able to find it with a quick search. It will allow you to decide scale length and # of frets, then print a template and a chart of the fret positions. I've used the template before by taping it to the fretboard, scoring along the lines with a knife and straightedge, then cutting the slots on a miterbox. You want your fret slots in the .023" range, depending on your wire. If you could get a hacksaw blade that cuts that width, no reason it won't work. I did my first with a japanese pull saw I picked up at a local tool store. It has pretty small teeth, and cut the right width slots right out of the package. Look around, I'm sure you'll be able to find something.