A Couple Of Fretboard Pics

wip079.jpg

wip080.jpg

canarywood neck with walnut scaf accent

ebony fretboard - Washburn factory 2nd - no signs of any defect :D

the f/b was way narrow, so I widened it out with 1/16" canarywood & walnut strips, then white binding. The end result is triple binding :D

These pics were taken right after I put on the linseed oil, so it's all a little wet looking. The inlays were factory installed, as was the radius and fret slots. Not a bad buy for $29!!!! I picked up a different rosewood f/b that was radiused, slotted, bound and routed for trapeziods for $11.50.

Wow nice deals. Ebay?

Nice Job on the binding too.

Yep - eBay. Seriously - where else are you gonna get a radiused, slotted, pearl/abalone inlaid ebony fretboard for less than 1/2 the cost of the inlays alone? Just a radiused & slotted ebony f/b would be what... $50 retail?

I absolutely love the way the fretboard got with the triple binding. I am not sure how that will work with the canarywood neck though, having the white binding. I would be more prone to go with something draky for the neck. But too late for that now I would imagine. Regardless, the triple binding looks great.