Help! Plywood Guitar?

Ok so after seeing so many guitars with their paint removed and their grain revealed I thought it would by nice to restore my first starter guitar and then burn graphics into it. Well I opened the cavity and saw that everything was painted and varnished so I did not know if it was solid wood or plywood. Assuming it was solid wood I began to sand the finish off until I passed the paint layer and reached the ... plywood layer. So my question to you guys is: am I totally screwed? or can a sanded plywood guitar still look alright?

repaint it

image307resize.jpg

This was my first build, plywood body. Photo quality is pretty crap, but it shows what the contours will look like - stripey.

I say go for it, if you want. Sand off all the paint, and if you dont like the look of it, paint over it. If you cant really be bothered, then just scuff up the paint and paint over it.

image307resize.jpg

This was my first build, plywood body. Photo quality is pretty crap, but it shows what the contours will look like - stripey.

I say go for it, if you want. Sand off all the paint, and if you dont like the look of it, paint over it. If you cant really be bothered, then just scuff up the paint and paint over it.

I would really like to see the picture as I have been scouring the internet looking for what it may end up looking like. The image doesn't show for me though. Maybe it is just on my end?

StratTop.jpg

This is the old "sustainer strat"...actually, "block wood" (strips of solid wood) with a front and back of ply...heavily modified as you can see, but the strat curves makes a cool look in plywood...and as you can see, a clear finish is fine, even brushed on like this one!

oh...whats with the HUGE type face...might want to tone that down a bit...very distracting, on this monitor I have to go to the other side of the room to focus on any of the words!!!