Just Threw This One Together, 2 Day Build

IMGP06081.jpg

IMGP06061.jpg

IMGP06041.jpg

IMGP06021.jpg

just a low budget " I need to build a new guitar " build.

14k Epiphone humbucker that I potted this past winter. Badass style bridge off fleabay, GFS neck, spezel style tuners. 11 to 50 GHS strings. I put a treble bleed on the volume pot, and an oil filled cap I had on the tone. Full of tone (s). Roll down the volume and the tone cleans up nicely. The tone pot sounds amazing with the cap I had lying around. 1 piece poplar body.

Now thats what I needed. I tend to play more after I build myself a new guitar. Hard to put it down....

Cool I really like that. Looks like a pickle or something. How's that GFS neck?

I find the neck very comfortable. Thankfully it has jumbo frets. It needed A LOT of leveling. Now that the frets are leveled, crowned and polished, it's good. Out of the box.... not so much. But for the price, and a little time.... it is a nice neck.

Yeah thats what I figured. What did you use as the green finish?

The green is arts and crafts water based acrilic, wiped on, and back off. 2 coats. I just use it as a stain. Topcoated with deft laquer sprayed from a cheap gravity feed hvlp. When I put new strings on it, I'll rub it out, to bring up a little more gloss. It still has that new guitar smell to it.........