Another Vox Inspired Build

finished this one up yesterday.

IMGP0636-1.jpg

IMGP0633-1.jpg

The body is spalted Elm. I've never used elm before, but I sure wish I has. This thing sustains for days! Lots of bite too. A little heavy, but thats ok. Sure is a pretty piece of wood. This thing Rocks!

Looks very good. Glad to hear that you tried elm with success... I have a source of spalted elm, which I'll ask for a piece.

I used American Elm. I can't say what european elm will sound like. I know they look a bit different. Try it and let us know....

Edited by Custom Built Guitars

I played this last night at band practice for a little over 2 hours. American Elm is a killer tone wood. Our drummer described the tone as mahogony lp capped with maple. Yeah, I'd say he is darn close. Just a tad brighter than that I'd say. Brighter might not even be the right word. It cuts thru better than a Paul. I say the tone is Dave Davies live tone on the late 70's Kinks live album. Or the tone he got on Destroyer. We played Destroyer last night and the tone was dead on.

So this is my bloviated way of saying...if you can get a hold of some American Elm, build n axe with it. You will like it!