Got Wood

There is place near our get-away house in Vermont that salvages things during building demolitions. They also have some inexpensive used tools. I still kick myself for not picking up a 14" band saw for $150 but money was/is tight. I was walking back to the tool area when I noticed a bin labeled hardwood $4 a board foot. I picked out three pieces of mahogany. They did not measure them but just asked how $4 was with me. I walked out with enough wood for three, possibly four neck blanks.

Now I have to go back for that spoke shave and learn how to use it.

The place is called ReNew Salvage on Route 5 in Brattleboro, Vt. It can be a bit hard to see from the road. It is just north of the town center across from the Shell Station. If you are comming from MA you would use 91 north to exit 3. At the circle make the first right and go about a mile it will be on the left. The pieces I got looked like they had been ripped from a bar. Unfortunatly someone had snagged the wider pieces already.