My First Build

...I was sitting in a cafe in Warsaw with the battery going down and lots to do...

No attitude, just gratitude.

Good luck with your build.

Cheers

Buter

Haha, ''clang''! :D Jealous and helpful! Thank you mate B)

Masterblastor - the body's a real nice mahogany slab that would have done the whole build had I not overcompensated with planing it down =/ as it is now I need wood for a top. Hopefully my father in law can help me out from his oak horde, even though I don't hear great things about it as an instrument wood (but that doesn't bother me nearly as much as it's reputation for being hard to work!).

As for the neck, it's a maple/paduak/wenge laminate I bought on ebay pre-planed. Were it rough finished I doubt I'd be up to building a neck just yet, but as it is I'm fairly confident I can have a good crack B)

Batfink - this may suprise you but I had no idea that place existed! I just wish I could drive :D

Thanks for all the tips guys! I'll be back all over this when I get home again next weekend, I'll have more progress to show asap :P

• 3 weeks later...