Chambered Bass

jaycee

This was an uncomfortable time, it's the first time I have done this and as the Bass isn't for me I was a little unsure. When I started to sand the edge off I wasn't very happy with it, but it started to look better when I worked with the grain by hand, up until that point I was using a drum sander in a drill.

Got onto the back with 220 grit on the orbital and a little tidying up by hand.

PICT0101.jpg

PICT0102.jpg

PICT0105.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I'm liking this build a lot. I got an idea for a guitar that involves some serious chambering, and this thread is giving me ideas on how to do it.

Cheers scherzo, I pick up a lot of ideas by just reading the build threads, using the templates for the chambers is something I would allways do on future builds.

Anyway Neck is completed, just needs the varnish put on.

PICT0117.jpg

PICT0114.jpg

PICT0116.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The craftsmanship looks excellent on this Jaycee. Very nice attention to detail. Good to hear the customer is happy.

SR

Thank you SR. I made sure that if I wouldn't happy with the work if it was being built for me, then it wouldn't be good enough for anyone else. And I got paid for it today. :D