Number 3 Leftover Wood Build

This is a build that I made with some leftover offcuts etc... It is my 4th build and I'm very pleased with it. It's light - I don't know what it weighs, but I imagine less than 6 lbs. The bridge is a $22 roller and the pickup is a leftover dimarzio evolution. I need a nice single coil to compliment it. Maybe today. I'll have to admit that I love the resonance that a string through body provides. Maybe it's a fluke, but I love it. It was going to be a 24 fret, but I foolishly blew out the end as I was routing it. I chiseled it away and glued a piece of blood wood in there. I thought about adding a fret slot, but i never play the 24th anyway :D

The neck is bloodwood and various strips of flamed hard maple. It's a pretty stiff neck for being .760" at the first fret. Sorry about not providing any build photos... only a few.

I will say that I'm in love with Target 9000 poly. It's a bit difficult to avoid witness marks ( I have a few), but I dries super fast and is hard as a rock. The top was sprayed with 7 coats and the sides and back, I decided to wipe on this layers, as one does tru oil. Pretty forgiving to do that part. I need to master the 9000. I read that doing several full wet coats with little dry time is key as they will have a better chance of melting together into a thicker, more forgiving final layer.

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

• 2 weeks later...