Neck Pocket Repair

PerryL

I'm starting a new build and whilst cutting the neck pocket my Jig slid and left me with an unsightly groove at the heel. Unless you guys come up with something ingenious I'm gonna just cut in a small layer patch in that area. I just realized I don't have my pics online anywhere to show the damage.

Maybe soon I can sign on with picbucket or something.

Thanx Fellas. Finishing is NOT my strong suit however, I've had it my mind to shade it with Aerosol Mahogany Toner to get a sunburst top. It's 3 piece Basswood so It's gotta have a colorant because Let's face it, it's not a pretty wood. I'll be patching her up prior to completion but thats the plan and I have been planning a little bit ahead. I usually fly seat of the pants making mods as I go but this one I want to turn out good.

Well if you admit that it isn't a pretty piece of wood in the first place and that you aren't great at finishing, this might be a candidate for a solid color. If you go that route, it's not a problem at all, since you could patch it and never know it happened. That's what I would do. Be thankful it's not some $100+ maple top or something.