no tutorial for neck thrus???

why cant you stick with the jointer, flip the board over and use the true sides and edges to do the other 2 sides?

You could maybe do that with a narrower, more square shaped board, because you could keep your newly jointed edge againts the jointer's fence, but with body halves, that are 2" or so thick, by 8" or so wide, you joint the face first, then the edge, but riding the board along the jointed edge to do the other face would be hard. But the main thing is the boards would not be an even thickness throughout the board.

yeah looks like some expensive tools....i am taking a shop class in highschool, im sure they have a planner and jointer right??? and also one of the side projects we get to do is a baseball bat, do u think the block of wood for the baseball bat would be enough for a neckthru neck???? and also aren't baseball bats made of maple??? wow that would be a better project.... but id have to purchace a fretboard before we do that.

man im so excited!!! :D

anyway since it looks like nobody will have a tutorial for making neck thru necks by the time i get to the project... what book would have step by step instructions on making one?

Melvin Hiscock makes a neck through in his book. Not sure about the others.

there is at least one more. I don't recall the name of the author, but I think the book is called "build your own electric guitar and bass" or something like that. a bunch of nice pics, as I recall it (I've managed to misplace the book...), from the building of a bolt-on guitar and a neck-through bass.