Hey y'all,

As per most forums, I assume an initial introduction is requisite before further posting? So here's mine :D

My name's Joe and I hail from America, although have been residing in the UK for 8 years 11 months 24 days. I count every day. Currently I'm in London. Happy days :D

I've been playing giddyfiddle for almost ten years, and currently own about 12 or 13 guitars, just about every single one of which has been extensively modded by myself. I play a variety of styles, but I'm really getting into my jazz and fusion.

Currently, my favourite guitar is my lovely 'Custom'. I found her at a pawn shop for a real steal. Handmade neck-through guitar from the late 80's, completely kitted out with Schaller (pups, machine heads, bridge, straplocks, knobs, everything!) and weighing in at just under 10 pounds, and I picked her up for £100!

Whoever sold it couldn't have gotten more than £40 for it. Sometimes, when playing an especially wailing solo, I'll still weep for the poor shmuck.

You'll see and hear more about this guitar soon because it's her that's brought me to this forum.

Anyways, that's me. I look forward to some truly GAS-worthy and chin-stroking discussions B)

Thanks a lot

Funny thing is,I usually get book value at pawn shops if I sell a guitar there,maybe because I know so much more about them than they do.

I know exactly what you mean, I'd never settle for less than what I know it'd be worth. But it's hard, these places are always trying to make as much coin as possible.

Thing is, at this particular place, it doesn't matter what you know. These guys value their stock using E-Bay and Google, so if someone has a unbranded guitar with no identifying marks whatsoever, they won't find it on the bay and they pretty much get to pick any price they want. Which will suck.

Even then, they still manage to sell a Shure SM58 for £15. I guess they are just clueless when it comes to music gear :D

I will post some pictures of the Custom for sure. It doesn't seem like I can attach images to posts, so I'll have to upload some images onto photobucket.

Cheers

Welcome to the board and to America, for that matter! Where are you located now, thearabianmage?

Thank you very much! However, I was born in America and now live in London :D