What's A Good Deal For Consigning Your Guitars ?

I have a local guitar shop that has agreed to allow me to place my guitars in his shop for a 70/30 split. Do you think that 30% is a reasonable cut for him to take ? I think it seems like a lot considering he's not out anything but a spot on the wall.

What about a damage agreement ? What if some guy drops my guitar and breaks it ?

Anyone out there have any experience consigning their builds at local shops ?

I have one on consignment. The shop has insurance that covers damage/breaking by them or a customer. They take 20%. Granted this is the first and only guitar I've done like this and it's a friend's shop. That said, she got the agreement from some other place online and just made MINOR mods.

Chris

30% seems reasonable enough. It's about the same in the art buissness...

I know for him it's just a spot on the wall but he is providing you with a way to sell your guitar that's not out of your back yard, which can look dodgey.

I'm not having a dig at your backyard by the way, I'm sure it's lovely :D

:D

I have a local guitar shop that has agreed to allow me to place my guitars in his shop for a 70/30 split. Do you think that 30% is a reasonable cut for him to take ? I think it seems like a lot considering he's not out anything but a spot on the wall.

What about a damage agreement ? What if some guy drops my guitar and breaks it ?

Anyone out there have any experience consigning their builds at local shops ?

Thanks a lot for the input guys. I'll be sure that his insurance will cover damage to my guitars and might try and negotiate a better split if my first ones sell well.