Swirl Technique With Single Color

I've got a build coming up that I am going to do a solid color and wondered if anyone has done something like a swirl, but with a single color. If so, did it look ok? I just thought that would be easier than brushing (I'm thinking of using an acrylic paint like is used in swirling). Anyway, I just thought it was an interesting idea and wondered if anyone's done it.

Not sure it would work, the first colour tends to spread out and wouldn't produce the swirl pattern like you get with multiple colours.

If you have a spray gun you could use a colour for the base coat and then use that exact colour as one of swirl colours, so it swirls with another colour but over a base coat of the same colour, not sure if it would blend seamlessly with the base coat but worth a try.

You could do it using regular oil paint and make a swirl pattern on top of a water bath. Then, when you dip the body (properly waxed and or taped of course) it will pick up the paint as you pass it through making a swirl pattern. Pretty easy, but takes a little practice.

To clarify, I'm not looking for a swirl pattern, I'm just wondering if it would make doing a single color body any easier. It was more a question out of curiousity as opposed to anything else. But thanks for the replies. So KP, is it always oil-based paint for swirling? See how little I really know?

The clear coat would be something like shellac and then waterbased lacquer, which I have spray equipment for. I am just thinking that the paint might be a little too thick to go through my sprayer and was curious if anyone had tried this. Again, I'm not sure that I am going to try dipping the guitar to paint it, but I ask more out of curiosity.