The Second Korina Sc22 Is Now Finished.

After a lot of struggle with the very soft korina back, I got to finish this one.

The top was triple-stained for the deep contrast and the edge sunburst, and the neck P90 cover was cut from the same wood and stained in the same way. It gives sort of a stealth effect, and from a distance the guitar looks like a single-pickup.

It plays very well, and tone-wise it is really different from my other guitars (all mahogany bodied), this one sounds lighter and with a distinct upper mid focus. The neck BKP90 is a bit underwound and in this guitar has a nice stratty snap to the sound.

Not perfect, but still very satisfied with the general results.

Finally today got the time (and natural light) for some good pictures...

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1471-1.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467-1.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

BTW, in some of the pictures you'll see normal (plastic) amber speed-knobs, and in others the flamed maple knobs stained like the top and lacquered. Not sure about what looks best, they both look good to me...

Ah, and excuse the hair in the last picture shown... :D:

Thank you guys, you're too kind !!

What bridge is that?

The bridge is an ABM aluminum wraparound. I was originally going to use a TonePros and the guitar was designed for that, but it is a bit heavy. I have used the fixed version of these ABM bridges before and the manufacturing precision is outstanding, so I decided to give the adjustable one a chance. It is a bit pricey, and a bit taller than the TonePros (or the Pigtail). So far I'm liking it, and it certainly looks different and sounds very good. The fit on the provided posts is so good that I decided not to use the locking posts of the TonePros (which are a pain for adjusting action). The action now is perfect for me (1.7mm low E and 1.4mm high e @ 12th fret), but this bridge will not go much lower than that. If there were a need for lower action I would have to change it for the Pigtail.

Your last two posts have also shown that you have beyond any doubt gotten your polishing questions answered and the technique mastered.

Thanks for such kind words, but it isn't perfect, believe me...

I am adjusting my technique and now it is indeed much better, thinner finishes and good polishing results. The one I finished for my friend-customer a couple of months ago was very close to perfect. But I still need to learn a lot about finishing. My technique is anything but traditional, and very time consuming.

Top, Top Shelf.

Simply astounding in quality, build integrity, and craftsmanship.

I give it the Drak 5-Star award, the highest honor I can bestow on any guitar.

Thanks Drak !!! I'm honoured !!! :D