Scalloping?

Haha okey :D

I just have on more question: Is it harder to play with a scalloped neck. i mean like if you have to press the strings harder and so on?

I think overall, it'd be much easier. It seems kind of strange to go to all that trouble to make it harder to play B). You'll need to fret the strings with less pressure to avoid sharp notes. Read some or all of the search results for a lot a insight from many different forum members... some positive, some negative.

It sounds like a really interesting idea, but it also sounds like it needs alot of practice and i'd probably end up wishing i hadnt done it.

Actually, some guitars come with frets 21-24 scalloped, it might be worth starting with that. If it turns out bad, no biggie cos only 4 frets have been done.

Nah, not too much practice to get used to it. It took maybe a couple of days to get used to it... but back then I used to practice an average of 12hrs/day :D.

I've scalloped a total of 3 guitars. They were cheapos. The reason I haven't done it to my better guitars is my concern about refretting scalloped necks. I mentioned it in one of those previous threads.

The hardest thing about playing a fully scalloped neck is just getting used to NOT having wood underneath your fingers. Depending on how deep the scallops are you really have to pay attention to how much pressure you put on the strings as well. You can fret a note sharp if you play hard. As well, you can have some difficulty bending chords out of tune as well. On the other hand, if you have a problem fretting cleanly on higher frets the scalloping can really help.