Iceman Carve-top?

I've scanned the Internet for Iceman/PS10 images looking for an example of a carved top. The specs for Stanley's PS10LTD that it has one but it must be real subtle. Does anyone have a photo of one?

Yep, you can see one on this post My link

I'll post a side on shot later so you can see the carve profile, yes it is much more subtle than a Les Paul, but looks so much better than a flat top Iceman.

Edited by Muzz

A side shot will be greatly appreciated, thanks Muzz! Looking at the photo on the pointy stick thread it's tough to see it from that angle.

Yep, here are some side on shots :D

P7150175.jpg

P7150174.jpg

P7150172.jpg

The original case fell to bits, it fits perfectly into a jazz bass case

P7150176.jpg

Nice! The Iceman is one of my favorite shapes. Back in my band days, my main player was a PS10-2. My next serious "keeper" build will be a neck thru Iceman. I have had all the hardware stashed away for at least 5 years...Gibraltar II bridge, QC tailpiece, "M" tuners (all in gold). I guess I should get in gear. :D

Man, thanks for that. So, unless there's some lens distortion coming into play, it looks like there's a radius across the body (pickup switch to the bottom horn, for example) along with the 'drop off' behind the tailpiece. Is that right?

Cool, yep, that's it exactly, the thickness of the binding gives you a good indication, it's 12 mm at the upper bout close to the neck and 6 mm thick at all the extremities. Rock and Roll :D

Nice! The Iceman is one of my favorite shapes. Back in my band days, my main player was a PS10-2. My next serious "keeper" build will be a neck thru Iceman. I have had all the hardware stashed away for at least 5 years...Gibraltar II bridge, QC tailpiece, "M" tuners (all in gold). I guess I should get in gear. :D

Sounds fantastic, another cool Iceman coming up, woot :D

Man, thanks for that. So, unless there's some lens distortion coming into play, it looks like there's a radius across the body (pickup switch to the bottom horn, for example) along with the 'drop off' behind the tailpiece. Is that right?

Cool, yep, that's it exactly, the thickness of the binding gives you a good indication, it's 12 mm at the upper bout close to the neck and 6 mm thick at all the extremities. Rock and Roll :D

Beautiful. Thanks again, Muzz!

OK, this should be my last question for a while. Can you tell me the thickness of the body? If I use the center as a reference, I assume the tailpiece drops off about 1/4" and upper and lower bouts dip down 1/2". If that's the case, any of those measurements will do.

For what it's worth, that adds up to about a 43.3" degree radius.

I just glued up the lumber for the neck, so I'm not in a particular hurry for the info.

Thanks again, Muzz. You're changing lives. :D

Hey Muzz...do me a favor. B) Take 2 measurements on your Iceman for me. One from the TR cover side of the nut, to the end of the headstock, and one of the overall width of the headstock. Thanks! :D

Heya Doug, Just saw this, I'll post those stats to you soon, and in beer economics that will be two beers you owe me :D

OK, this should be my last question for a while. Can you tell me the thickness of the body? If I use the center as a reference, I assume the tailpiece drops off about 1/4" and upper and lower bouts dip down 1/2". If that's the case, any of those measurements will do.

For what it's worth, that adds up to about a 43.3" degree radius.

I just glued up the lumber for the neck, so I'm not in a particular hurry for the info.

Thanks again, Muzz. You're changing lives. :D

:D Just put the calipers on it, it's 41 mm close to the neck, hey if you have the timber glued up in the neck I want to see your thread in the In Progress section soon B)