Filling Trem Cavity - Anyone Ever Use Epoxies Or Acrylics?

Hey All...

So... I've got this early '90s Heartfield Talon I. Neck is weirdly shaped and strangely radiused considering there isn't a trem on the planet that comes with a 17" radius on the bridge. The Floyd Rose II that's in it is on it's last leg and I'm not going to invest in a replacement. I sho' 'nuff have a bucket full of hardtail trems upgrades and modifications, however. I got to thinkin' I should just fill those cavities up and mount that sucker right up on top. I'm not going to futz around with shaping woods and such. There's gotta be a better way.

Has anyone used a liquid epoxy type filler with less in the way of shrink characteristics? I seem to remember seeing some liquid acrylic type of stuff that could be poured into the sealed cavity. That would certainly provide a better, more efficient and solid fill than carved wood, glue and fillers.

Anyone got any experience or thoughts on something like this?

Regards...

Unc

I'd be interested to see how that would work out. If it were me, I'd at least shove some fiberglass down in that cavity if I were trying to fill it with epoxy. I'm gonna be surprised if anyone's tried this one. I will say that, as I understand it, both epoxy and acrylic will adhere to the surface without chemical bonding, whereas something like Titebond would actually bond to the wood.

I managed this quite happily using Brian's tutorial on the main PG site. I filled two cavities with wood Titebonded in, then cut a shallow trench around the seam using a Dremel and finally filled that with wood filler. Marginally visible in the right light, but no more than the seams on some 2-part bodies. :D