Jump to content

Photo Flame?

Recommended Posts

Hi, I need some more info about the so called "photo flame".

Is it some sort of a decal? Or is it a more complicated sort of finish? I understand that photo flame is an artificial thing and is not the same thing as 1mm veneer. I read that it is some sort of a film.

The thing that interests me the most is: is it possible to apply a photo flame finish at home?

Are there any decal kits for that, any methods, etc?


Edited by DrummerDude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

thats the stuff

the easiest way to get that look at home is with actual wood.

i suppose you could do it with a waterslide decal - if you could print it large enough, get the colour tones right and apply it without ripping

I am trying to customize an inexpensive Les Paul copy that came in solid black.

I would love to have its top converted to flame maple look but I think its arched top would make it difficult to apply real wood veneer. Or am I wrong? Is there away to apply veneer to an uneven, non-flat surface?

Edited by DrummerDude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...