ΙΒΑΝΕΖ Mutation

this project is just for fun and only cause i wanted to feel the scalloped neck!!!the story goes like this:

i had an ibanex rx-40

ibanez_rx40.jpg

i got rid off the black colour and used Sculpt Nouveaou patinas to have this oxide colour.The pickguard is also oxidezed iron..i used a floyd rose from my BC rich and only one single coil without even pots!!

i made an experiment also ...i made a conversion in the neck pocket and with the screw i managed to have any angle i want..So i could add even a tune-o-matic bridge!!!

i used a hinger between the neck pocket and the neck as you can see!

and of course i scalloped the neck VERY ROUGH in order to feel the gap!!

this project is just for fun!!!!!!!

DSC04318.jpg

DSC04322.jpg

DSC04320.jpg

Edited by theodoropoulos

Very interesting effect. I certainly looks like oxidized copper and bronze. It even has a metallic sheen. It makes me think of some of the processes NotYou would do, which is a high complement.

SR

i owe a big favour to my friend Scott Walker who has helped me the most he could to understand the whole procedure...

take a look at this masterpiece....

scott walker guitars

Very interesting effect. I certainly looks like oxidized copper and bronze. It even has a metallic sheen. It makes me think of some of the processes NotYou would do, which is a high complement.

SR

i owe a big favour to my friend Scott Walker who has helped me the most he could to understand the whole procedure...

take a look at this masterpiece....

scott walker guitars

I actually like yours better. This is not something that would normally appeal to me, but on yours the color patterns look very good, even planned, plus you get the patina of oxidized metal. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Nice job.

SR

a hinged neck. Sweet. I'm doing one on a box-guitar right now. The paintjob with markers looks good.

thanks..its not markers..its normal spray job with mineral suspended in water....the mineral then is sprayed with oxides..and then finished....mat in my case,with wax

:D:D

I saw this " Sculpt Nouveaou patinas " in the line up there and thought it said "Script nouveaou patinas" .... Script is a Marker company here in the U.S. ..... B)

too funny. I though you were the master of markers for a minute.

Your friends guitar in the link is beautiful. All of his builds look amazing ! .

Nice work on the finish here too. I like it.

Markers or not. B)