Time To Get Back To Legit Builds!

Same method you described above, same tools. It's not as tight as you'r "R" logo though. It was one of my earlier inlays, I'm a lot fussuer now.

Theres pics somewhere on my facebook page - links in my sig.

Wow that's so intricate, it must have taken forever to cut all those pieces and then keep track of them all. It looks awesome though!Can I ask your method of cutting(jeweler saw/ scroll saw?) and about how long it took?

Hah I feel kind of dumb explaining the inlay the way I did, I did not see your work prior and wasn't sure if your were a beginner or not...and your obviously not at all :D

Nah - all good. I'm here to learn too. I don't claim to be an expert at anything. That "R" inlay cavity of yours looks way neater than any I've cut.

All my tools are from stewmac, so I have no secrets. I don't own a scroll saw and I'd be too chicken to put my fingers that close to the blade if I did!

Only book I've ever read on inlay was "The Art of Inlay" by Larry Robbinson which I bought off ebay.

As far as keeping things in order, I usually just use sticky tape like this: http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=46118&st=15

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I put some of the hardware on to get an idea of how it is going to look. I'm not sure if I'm feeling the rail pickups but maybe I'll like the them better once the body is painted to white to match. I'd like to hear your thoughts on them too so let me know what you think!

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well this one is finally done, sorry for the delay but here's what I ended up with

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

It sounds pretty good even with just guitarfetish pups in it and it feels really good while playing. I'm pretty happy about how it turned out but I cant wait to progress further with the next one. Thanks for looking guys!