Coming From Rockbeach... The Cb-iii Pickguard Concept...

Needs a little minor tweaking. The piece you are looking at is a particle board concept proto with contact paper on it just to see how things fit and balance visually. It's a nice tool to work with. The pickguard is not laying flat because the body piece is not thick enough for the switch. Neck is just for visual effect. The pocket is not deep enough to sit at the right height. The pickguard is a standard Strat configuration.

I am hoping there is enough familiarity with the Strat to have players feel comfortable with it while keeping true to my design concept and its inherent ergonomic advantages.

CB-III_Proto_1s.jpg

CB-III_Proto_2s.jpg

CB-III_Proto_3s.jpg

CB-III_Proto_4s.jpg

I know you said it needs a little tweaking, so IMO:

the lower horn is too heavy.... the pickguard sets your shape well, and trimming the body to better fit that line will even it up to the eye.... as well, i'm sure you were thinking about the neck pocket area, once that is trimmed up - refer to the above...

it's a nice stylistic version of a classic guitar shape

There will be slightly less heel block, but that part does allow lateral energy from the strings to be more efficiently transferred into the body and it does add "character" to the overall resonance of the guitar. When I fit a neck pocket, it is fitted by CNC to a fit that allows you to press the neck into place and pick up the body and shake it without coming apart before I put a bolt into it. In that way, it sustains more like a set neck or a neck-through. ALL who have played my guitars comment about that. Pinching the neck at the heel like that is not something the big-box guys in mass production can afford to do to keep their profits up.

The lower horn is an area I am tweaking. There will also be forearm cuts and belly cuts as these will be solid body guitars. I also intend to engrave my logo through the first layer of the pickguard so it shows through...

I will most generally use a Hipshot, but I will primarily go hardtail. Maybe after I get a feel for how popular these could be will I go into making a trem version... One step at a time.