Nut Types

Ok gents, relying on some of your expertise here. I come from the world of double locking tremolos, locking nuts, and skinny necks.

The nut on there is worn in like the perfect spot, so the action was fantastic without any real buzzing. Should I leave well enough alone or "upgrade" to an LSR roller nut or Graphtech nut? I understand that the LSR is a little more work, but is it worth the extra work? What do you guys think about it.

Thanks!

Are we talking about the Squire?

I am guessing so...I installed my first LSR nut on my V.

It comes with very detailed instructions,but I can tell you what you would be in for.You would have to make your nut slot larger by routing out a slight bit(exact dimensions are in the instructions)towards the "body side" of the nut slot...the rout needs to be perfect.Then you have to drill the exact right sized pilot holes for the screws(spec'ed out in the instructions) or they can break if too tight..it comes with tiny shims to get your height perfect.

It is very small and very fine work,but IMO is worth it because the guitar stays in tune better.

If the action is perfect and it's not binding up, how could it be improved? What's it made of?

its a 16 year old plastic nut. Its fine now, but I'm wondering how much it would hold up to though...

I looked up an LSR installation tutorial.... Sounds like a collosal pain in the butt lol. If I do this, I will probably just go with a graphtech or something like that.

If the action is perfect and it's not binding up, how could it be improved? What's it made of?

its a 16 year old plastic nut. Its fine now, but I'm wondering how much it would hold up to though...

I looked up an LSR installation tutorial.... Sounds like a collosal pain in the butt lol. If I do this, I will probably just go with a graphtech or something like that.

Should hold up OK. But If you realy want to replave it why not try a bone nut. Much easier to do than the LSR. Or brass if you want to stay in the realm of metal nuts like the locking units you mentioned