Cant Buffe Clearcoat.

I started using Spraymax 2K clear in a rattle can and am impressed with the results . I always sand and polish by hand but thought I'd have a go with a small polishing mop in the pillar drill and the initial results looked great and very shiney . I carried on using 3M finnesse on the body and gave it a wipe over when done and noticed it was very dull .

I now can't get a shine on the thing no matter what I do it just looks dull and slightly opaque. I cleared the body about a week ago. Where did i go wrong ?

PS the bits i did first still have a shine.

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw this stuff online, i was going to give it a try. Before I do, could you let me know how you got to buffing this stuff? Thanks :) Pics would be awesome too

its a 2 part catalyzed varnish. If he was having issues, it was mostly like faulty workmanship (no offense alonfire), but dirty pads, wrong pads, wrong compounds, wrong sanding techniques, etc.

It's easier to buff 2 part finishes within the buffing window...for the 2 part varnish I use I sand to micromesh 12000 24 hours after spraying,then I wait a couple of days and buff.Waiting any longer than that lets it get too hard and buffing becomes a serious chore.

The durability of such finishes is a double edged sword,if you don't pay attention to the cure times.