Question About Tonepros Wraparound Bridges

Hey guys I just had a question about a couple of wraparound bridges since I am not sure which one to purchase.

TonePros AVT-II or TonePros VTNA "Aluminum Featherweight" Locking "Vintage" Bridge Tail Combo

Ive been leaning towards the VTNA but soley based on looks. I just think it looks better.

anyway, which one would you say is better in terms of sound or affecting tone? Ive heard alot of great things about the tonepros locking studs now I just need to decide which bridge to purchase.

any input is appreciated

thanks!

I wouldn't say one was better than the other, the AVT is nice and offers lots of adjustability however. I don't believe that locking studs do anything other than stoping the bridge falling off when you change strings. They are high quality components and i would recommend them.

Edited by Linny
  • Like 1

Anyone with a hand drill and a cheap tap/die set from Harbor freight can convert a TOM to a tone pros for a few pennies. If the pigtails wrap far enough around the studs, you can easily convert a wrap around too. If the AVT- is aluminum (too lazy to look) then the difference is only in appearance. If the AVT- is steel then you'll notice a big difference between the two. I like the Baby grand bridge but you loose a bit of depth and sustain due to the aluminum. Although there is a difference, I'd go with the one that you think looks better.