Project Superbich Tribute

The Bich is just begging to be headless. Give it the treatment I'm giving the Corvus: Steinberger tuners and a TOM bridge.

nah

whilst i am a fan of the corvus and agree that it makes more sense as a headless design

the bich would not be the same. big wide body with no head. no no no. but it is a great 10 string

if Corvus:

not_a_fan = True

I have other designs for headless...

Headless would just look funny with this one.... it is going to be rather unwieldy anyway as it has a 25.5" scale and the body is 14.5" wide... should have used a 24.685" but just don't like the shorter scales.

Next year I will work on the replicas.

Looking really nice! Just out of curiosity: why cut a template?

1. MDF is cheap.

2. Need negative template for reference holes anyway.

3. To test sizes.

4. In case anyone wanted one...

First body was too big for what I wanted. DemonX helped me out with the actual measurements from a smaller version (I copied a early 70s 10 string)

So when I setup the blanks I use 1/4" reference pins (Thanks Doug ;) ) to locate the blank. When drilling those pins it is easier to lay a negative template on the blank and make sure the blank is centered and I have enough wood to cover all the bits. This blank was huge but some of my blanks are barely bigger than a guitar (hate to waste wood). Making an exact negative template makes the regular template too small so for this one I thought "what the h377" and just cut the regular template to check the size. Then used the oversized (it is .25" bigger all the way around because of the bit offset) to locate the body in the blank.

Then the machine broke its X axis motor... while the CNC was down I realized I didn't have any up to date templates to use to cut things out by hand if I needed to. So I figured it would be nice to have some templates around just in case.

Long story I know...

Man. you should make that side dot arrangement a signiature thing for your top-o-the-line models. Its sliker than greased lightnin.

Or dont. I dont mind, Not like im gonna steal it for my stuff or anything ;)

Not like I would steal any ideas either... ;)

I will think about it. The high end models differ so much guitar to guitar I am just not sure.... but it is a good idea. Would look sick on a maple neck with a maple fretboard... lay the Walnut veneer down, dark side dots in it... let the veneer continue into the headstock... yeah I like that idea.

• Like 1

Man. you should make that side dot arrangement a signiature thing for your top-o-the-line models. Its sliker than greased lightnin.

I will think about it. The high end models differ so much guitar to guitar I am just not sure.... but it is a good idea. Would look sick on a maple neck with a maple fretboard... lay the Walnut veneer down, dark side dots in it... let the veneer continue into the headstock... yeah I like that idea.

Yea, now yer talkin. A dark version for maple boards & a light for dark necks & boards.

& sure stealing ideas is fine.

Its like I explained to a professor of mine once when she passed comment on how hard it is to have an original idea -

My idea to steal your idea is an original idea. Even though your idea preceeded mine in a purley chronological timeline, the fact that I had not tought to steal your idea before I did means that my idea to steal your idea was an original idea to me. as I had not had the idea to steal your idea previously. Thus, the first instance of my idea to steal your idea was an entirley original idea - to me.

She told me to open a window when using solvent based materials <_<

Nice gitir thus far BTW

• Like 2

Yea, now yer talkin. A dark version for maple boards & a light for dark necks & boards.

& sure stealing ideas is fine.

Its like I explained to a professor of mine once when she passed comment on how hard it is to have an original idea -

My idea to steal your idea is an original idea. Even though your idea preceeded mine in a purley chronological timeline, the fact that I had not tought to steal your idea before I did means that my idea to steal your idea was an original idea to me. as I had not had the idea to steal your idea previously. Thus, the first instance of my idea to steal your idea was an entirley original idea - to me.

She told me to open a window when using solvent based materials <_<

Nice gitir thus far BTW

Cogito ergo sum...

Luthier or Philosophical genius?

You are the man. When I make it to Ireland we are pounding pints of stout until we can not stand.

• 2 months later...