Lp Hollow Body

My second atempt at doing a build.

Just got my kit and started dry fitting everthing together. Two things to over come. The neck fitting at the body is a little lose with about a 1/8 of an inch gap. So it has a little play from side to side. Any ideas on how to square it. I would have thought maybe to square it by measuring from the last fret to the bridge?? No matter I will end up with a gap to fill. The bridge and tail pieces aren't pre drilled so I need to do those first. Where can I find the distance for the bridge and tail piece holes. I will get some pictures up. The body is a great quilted top and bottom! I am doing this one green for a gift for someone. I will post photos along the way.

is the neck a 21 or 22 fret? if 22 then when you move the neck outwards this should close the gap and put the join at the 17th fret which would be correct if I remember correctly (scratching head) :) Then you would need to make a filler block from the rear of the neck to the pickup cutout. This would be covered mostly by a pickup ring. By doing a burst finish on this it would most likely disappear completely. ONce the neck is set then you can measure from the nut and 12th fret to locate the bridge studs and bar studs. using the center line of the neck for perpendicular center reference of both.

I agree with Chris as that is a sloppy routing job

• I got it al clamped up at the 16th and it got tighter. I took it a part now but will post pics soon. Can I use super clue on this smaller space once it is glue in?

If you're going that route, I'd advise you against Cyanoacrylate ( if that's what you meant), try to make a shim with a sliver of maple and use titebond or equivalent.

So got the neck glued up and the gap closed pretty good. Still not sure how to fill. Some people as saying to use epoxy or CA. Some where I say to just use wood glue. So here's the question: when I clear over the filler will it blend with the clear or will you be able to see the fill line?

Gap.jpg