Another long-lost thread from the forum hiccup. I wanted to re-paint one of my very first builds.....

guitars2.jpg

so i stripped off the paint.

IMG_4659.jpg......

then i un-glued the "set-neck" i had done to it.

IMG_4672-1.jpg.

and removed the white pine top i had attached to it too. Also marked out some high-tech chambering ideas...........

IMG_4666.jpg

so, after stripping the paint, removing the top, ditching the neck and chambering the devil out of it, I was left with only the maple "back" from the original guitar.

After the ressurection of the poor thing, I ended up with this:

4b4467d4.jpg

a fanned-fret, hollowed out, overly-F holed guitar that changes color depending on your viewing angle.

:)

58eaf453.jpg

^^ there she is by her sister.

i really like some of the carve on this - flows and maintains definition better than some of your stuff. if the recess around the pickups/bridge was as sharp it would look incredible.

i like the idea of the sound holes and think they give it a bit of a giger esque look along with the carve. the colour helps with this. but the last pic makes me not like the sound holes as much... i think i would be tempted to pour black paint in the holes to get it all even coloured inside to tidy it up a bit

switch position could be awkward but looks good

dont like the volute! infact it shouldn't be called a volute unless is graceful so lets call it something else. your guitar has the mumps, something that seems to pop up here every so often ;)

Wez- thanks for the honest evaluation. True words there and all things I've seen myself. ( and a few you left out.)

The first big project stopper was that top F-hole. The star had a bad tear-out and I had to enlarge it a few times trying to salvage it. The soundhole between the pups came out in the wrong spot for the neck humbucker . It's off-center badly. The neck heel could've benefited from some moar shaping too.there's an over-route on the bridge humbucker and it pokes out past the pup ring a little bit. :/

although I do like the volu....mump, but only because it fits my hand like a glove. 1st position barre chord is just right for it.

The main reason this, and the blue chambered body i recently completed took so long was the mistake factor. I flubbed up pretty good on both of em, but i decided to continue rather than give up on them.

One is Maple and Cherry. One is Maple and Black walnut- both chambered but both sound very different too. Unplugged and plugged. I'm happy with the outcome of them both, flaws be damned.

I know it aint everybody's cup of tea, but its the way i build.

Oh, and Muzz , not really a proto-anything, just a one-off from an existing guitar. I imagine I could put a kahler-style lock on it, but there's no tremolo. Thats a hard-tail floyd. :)

ca83e181.jpg