Playing With A Little Idea..

Lycking

No problem. If the pre-wired pickguard does not come with extra wire to connect to the jack, you may need that also. Additionally, copper foil may come in handy for shielding:

http://guitarfetish.com/Copper-Guitar-Cavity-Shielding-Kit_p_176.html

If you want to upgrade the electronics, these are far better quality than the ceramic caps on the pickguard. From the photos it is unclear as to whether they are using greenies (Mylar film) or ceramic plates:

http://guitarfetish.com/047uf-Sprague-Orange-Drop-Cap-for-StratTele_p_1157.html

Remember to ground the hardtail also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally having a weekend at home this week, so i'm gonna get a bit further with the body, this means routing/rounding the sides so i can begin sanding.

Therefore am i asking if theres anything paticular i should watch out for when routing it, as i dont wanna mess stuff up again (made one of the horns a little too small when cutting it out, if everything goes wrong and the pickguard won't fit, am i setting it on the body reversed, just to have an excuse of making something original ;-)).

//Lycking

Sidenote: Damn you GFS, still havn't ordered the things, the neck went out of stock an hour before i was gonna order everything, still not in stock!

• 1 month later...

Woohoo finally progress :D

Got the body rounded/siderouted a couple of weeks ago, and i got it sanded down to p600.

Also ordered all (hopefully) hardware and electronics i need a couple of weeks ago, and it all has arrived by now.

Ordered from Dragonfireguitars, and they were so friendly that they wrote on the package that it contained values of 10$, even though there were just about 100$ of stuff in it, it saved me about 50$ in duty, so props to them from here! If the quality shows up nice, have i absolutely nothing negative to say about them! Great costumer service, quick email replies and no problems at all!

So, heres the maple/rosewood neck:

img0169ko.th.jpg

A view of the pickguard and the hardware sitting ontop of the body, kinda at the place where its gonna end, but not the final spots, gonna take a while to calculate them out ;)

img0160zxz.th.jpg

And heres a look of the other side of the pickguard (pre-wired)

img0535nl.th.jpg

The pickguard is 3ply, the pots are 3 full 500k, the coils hit 5.6k, middle is of course reverse wound, the humbucker is split, and clocks 16.9k. :rock This is divided by a 5-way switch.

As you might see, is the top area of the body not finished at all, but that's because i prefer to have the neck and such beside me when doing it, because i havn't really been working after a template, just freehanding the most of everything :rolleyes: Making templates for the pickguard and neck routes, don't really wanna end up messing it up...

Finally having a weekend to hit the workshop next weekend, gonna be there all day and get as far as i can =)

Hopefully i wont mess up everything :peace

All for this time!

//Lycking