Probably The Best Deal On A Guitar Ever... No Really... Couple ?'s

I will let the pictures do the talking first... For your consideration... a quilt red EBMM EVH model

20130402172656.jpg

20130402172711.jpg

20130402172729.jpg

And brace yourself....

20130402173039.jpg

Yes, a musicman EVH model for 399$....

that said, its not in the BEST of shape, mostly hardware issues. The 3way switch is broken, and the floyd rose has a MASSIVE amount of corrosion, requiring replacement. Due to high value of this guitar, I'd like to keep it "stock" while fixing these issues.

1) does anyone know where to get a EBMM 3 way switch? Or something VERY similar is fine, just high quality.

2) Can I replace the saddles with normal floyd rose saddles? The corrosion is on the saddles, not the baseplate, so I can replace those. I'm debating on just getting a gotoh and calling it a day.

Thanks.

I believe these were licenced trems so your mileage may vary. I would dig around on EVH and the EBMM forums for that information. The switch should be relatively easy to locate that way also. I don't know much about the EBMM guitars, just the 1984 Frankenstrat I'm afraid.

Excellent deal! I thought there would be three springs in the rear same as the OFR on the Frankenstrat though.

Is your 3-way a "normal" wafer switch or does it have a PCB?

http://forums.ernieball.com/music-man-guitars/37823-wiring-eddie-van-halen-toggle-not-sure-how.html

A Gotoh may not fit the same cavity and post layout. I would stick with the baseplate you have and just acquire saddles. Chances are they are the same as OFR. If anything you will be upgrading, especially with the plating I would have thought.

I'm a bit POed at Ernie Ball of late however. Bought some of their expensive new Cobalt strings for one of my basses and got a dead B string. Did they replace it? No, they bounced it backwards between themselves and the store until the complaint ended up in limbo with nobody wanting to man up and sort it out. Grrr. Rant over.

I unfortunately do not get to pick this beast up for 15 days! (police hold on used gear) when I get it in my possession I will get you guys some good pictures of what I need to get. To my knowledge the 3 way is just a normal three way, and I would be ok slapping a dimarzio 3 way, but the value of the guitar comes into question with that.

d'ads have by far the best customer service! they also sell cobalts, you should look into them next time :)

EBMM part number is M05434

it has the PCB board attatched

finding it may the hard part.... with some of the items, they are specific to that model guitar and the only way to get a replacement is to send in the old part and pay for the new one.... silly, but true

Coachella Office - Ernie Ball

53-973 Polk St.
Coachella, CA 92236, USA
Phone - 1-800-543-2255
Fax - 1-800-577-3225

San Luis Obispo Office - Music Man

151 Suburban Rd.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, USA
Phone - 1-866-823-2255
Fax - 1-805-544-0821

customer service email: customerservice@ernieball.com

or

musicman email: musicman_customerservice@ernieball.com

Edited by LightninMike

I unfortunately do not get to pick this beast up for 15 days! (police hold on used gear) when I get it in my possession I will get you guys some good pictures of what I need to get. To my knowledge the 3 way is just a normal three way, and I would be ok slapping a dimarzio 3 way, but the value of the guitar comes into question with that.

d'ads have by far the best customer service! they also sell cobalts, you should look into them next time :)

What do the police need with guitars anyhow? Oh actually, thinking about it.....*does a goat dance*....I think I figured it out...."quite impressive....bordering on spectacular"

Good call on the value of the instrument. I don't know how likely these are to enter the vintage market further down the line but your thinking is admirable.

LightninMike - great call there! I find the policy of returning a non-working item in order to acquire a replacement weird. So we're not allowed to have spares? I'm sure that the DM switches are more or less identical other than the addition of the breakout PCB as well....

• 4 months later...