Headstock Design Question

I was thinking of doing a 6x6 non angled headstock on the next build. I am having issues finding pictures around to see if I like it or not. Does anyone know of any builders that do this so I can see it?.....or can you post some pics so I can see if I like it or not.....

lastly if I do this do you have any advice on pitfalls or design tips I need to consider?

I am thinking of putting a string retainer.....like on a floyd rose to make sure I have a good break angle to the tuning posts.

Sorry to get back to this late. After reading my post again........I ment 3x3 headstock. Sorry for the missed post. Those look good Chris! Any tips on construction and making sure the break angle is good? As I mentioned I am thinking about putting a Floyd rose style string retainer on the headstock. .........lastly how did you veneer? Did you make a reverse caul and clamp it?

The basic process was:

1- Taper route neck and fretboard to final widths.

2- Resaw or safe-t-plane off the excess from the front of the headstock (about 1/4"+ down so when you add fretboard it's a full 1/2"+ down) being careful to leave enough to carve the transition.

3- Double-stick fretboard on in place and carve transition from fretboard to headstock face and sand everything final.

4- Install truss rod, glue fretboard on, all that normal jazz.

5- Make clamping caul that matches your transition (cork on the glue side can help a bit) and pre-bend veneer to shape (not needed if TRULY veneer 1/42" thickness). Glue and let dry for several days (my recommendation for ANY headplate/backstrap gluing operation using water-based glue like titebond)

6- Trim excess veneer sticking up above fretboard as close as you can. Then finalize radius which will also finalize the veneer sticking up over the fretboard at the end.

Chris

Side note: On these two I used the largest drum (it's pretty huge) on my spindle sander with a fence to make the transition... I would NOT recommend it. It's still too aggressive of a transition IMO. That's why from here-on out I'll be hand carving my transitions as I mentioned above.

Side note: On these two I used the largest drum (it's pretty huge) on my spindle sander with a fence to make the transition... I would NOT recommend it. It's still too aggressive of a transition IMO. That's why from here-on out I'll be hand carving my transitions as I mentioned above.

Homemade drum sander FTW on those transitions.