Prs S2's

Ripthorn

Anyone see these yet? They look pretty darned sweet. I already have a regular PRS from '04 that I got for a steal, but if I didn't, I'd be giving these a look. Of course, I think the beveled look gives a great aesthetic. Not quite the full carved top vibe, but still a cool look. I am doing an experiment soon, and I just may go with something like that, since this won't be a high-effort guitar. I like that they introduced something in the 1-1.5k range, and US made to boot. Thoughts?

I got my used PRS for less than that, but have noticed that the used market can swing wildly. I think you will get plenty of people who will turn their nose up at the SE but not be able to get a regular line, that may go for these. I think that it is a sound business idea to have a guitar in that price range. I like the asymmetric bevel, going to have to try that. It will be interesting to see how the market responds.