Strat from scratch

Hi everybody, long time listener, first time caller. Here's what I did on my vacation in June. It's a bog standard 3-tone sunburst Strat in almost every way except for the wiring, which has a push/pull blend pot in place of the 2nd tone. The pickups are Silver Alnico V's from Ironstone Pickups (2onanisland @ eBay). Alder 2-piece body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, MOP dots, moose bone nut, finished in PU lacquer. This is my 2nd finished build and 1st with a neck from scratch.

There's a build thread over at TDPRI: Strat in 9 days

18_stratfront.jpg

19_stratback.jpg

18_stratatangle.jpg

Terve, @Rock-Ola!

That's a really nice straight-down-the-line Strat. Very cool. Does it delivery the same mojo as you'd expect?

I had a quick look at your TDPRI thread; it looks like you're buying more or less the same 25mm 19-ply vaneri as myself.... @ScottR will get super jealous again over that! :D

So you're building over with Petri are you? I haven't gotten around to checking his place out yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Terve, @Rock-Ola!

That's a really nice straight-down-the-line Strat. Very cool. Does it delivery the same mojo as you'd expect?

I can honestly say it's the best Strat I've ever played.

It's also the only Strat I've ever played.

3 hours ago, Prostheta said:

I had a quick look at your TDPRI thread; it looks like you're buying more or less the same 25mm 19-ply vaneri as myself.... @ScottR will get super jealous again over that! :D

So you're building over with Petri are you? I haven't gotten around to checking his place out yet.

The plywood is all Petri's. Petri runs a guitar building course every June at his workshop in Kangasala. I was lucky enough to grab a slot this year.

Hilarious. :happy:

I'd personally not be too bothered if I never played a Strat again. Maybe crappy Strats just turned me against them....or that I'm a bassist with a penchant for picking on acoustics....

Interesting that Petri does that. In developing ProjectGuitar.com, I working on developing our monthly Patreon income that maybe sometime in the coming years we can adopt an old kartano and run residential summer classes with accommodation. This got me thinking today, that perhaps I should contact Petri and hash together our respective plans.