2nd build travel guitar

I used to travel quite a bit for work between significant humidity changes and besides the bulk of hauling around a full size LP copy, it seemed like I was constantly adjusting my guitar every time I went somewhere new. I looked at plenty of travel guitars but most of them are short scale and would still be subject to humidity changes. So I'm experimenting with making a stable full scale but small as possible travel guitar using a Moses graphite neck and headless bridge bolted to a corian strip. The wings of the body will be some sort of wood (I haven't decided yet) with a swimming pool route and pick guard. Corian is seriously heavy so the body will be heavily carved and as thin as I can get away with. So thats the plan anyway...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally made some progress on two headless travel guitars. Mahogany body channeled for the corian, swimming pool rout for lightening (corian is heavy) and all electronics mounted on a pickguard. 30" total length for the narrow body and 31" for the other one.

It's possible that  the corian strip is overkill but hopefully it will work like I'm hoping it will. 

Lots of routing and carving to go yet...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ScottR said:

I like the contouring but like you, I'm not so sure about the jack location. Have you considered rear access? With a right angle plug?

SR

I did but I was concerned with interference with the bridge tuners. Now I'm thinking it's still a better option than the current one