neck construction

MikeB

hi all, im workin on a guitar atm, and was wondering about the truss rod.

i have ordered a 2 way truss rod from all parts, and was wondering if anyone has installed one before, and will it be any different from the tutorial on PG of a single truss rod being done?

because my neck is gonna be longer than a standard one (31 or more frets, lol!) to get access to the other adjusting end of the rod, would it be possible to just drill an access hole to it from the bridge end of the neck, as i imigine routing the whole way would weaken it!

thanks alot!!

mike

hmm..... a neck that long, you might want to try working with a bass truss rod, depending on where the heel meets the neck (what fret)

installing a double rod requires a channel with uniform depth, not a concave type rout.

again depending on where the tongue of the guitar is, i would put the access hole for the truss rod in the headstock, not at the body end. BECAUSE, the flex of the neck is going to be between the nut and the guitar, there isn't going to be much flex in the neck where it's attached to the guitar the heel

thanks derek! i was hopin a uniform rout for it... also i plan to have the adjustment at the head as normal, by having the rod farther from the ass end of it, just drilling a longer access hole to it for a screwdriver....

thanks

mike