How to create an opaque White Pearl finish?

I haven't posted on this forum in quite a few years, and doing a search for this topic in previous posts has not yielded any results with much time spent already. So...I thought I would simply ask if anyone can give me advice on doing an opaque white pearl finish on a guitar. I will lacquer it with clear nitro on top of the white.  I might even try a clear catalyzed acrylic finish (?) that I have read about here instead of nitro. I have a lot of experience with transparent nitro finishes, but have never done one opaque and don't know how to start! Thanks in advance for any input.

Wow!

Isn't opaque just a paint with less pigment? And isn't paint just clear lacquer with pigment added?

I wonder what would happen if you mixed the clear of the same brand with this: https://autoaircolors.com/pearl-and-metallic-colors/pearlescent-colors/4301.html

12 minutes ago, ScottR said:

I'd paint it white and then add a layer of pearl

Would that still be opaque? I thought opaque is somewhat transparent, showing the wood grain. Or is it just the opposite?

I stand corrected. After carefully studying various dictionaries I have to admit my mistake.

@Stolysmaster, @ScottR is right. A base layer of white covered with pearl paint and lacquer is the way to do it. White and black are the most forgiving paints as their pigments are the strongest i.e. they get opaque with a thinner layer than other colours. If I'm right, matte would hide the underlying wood even better than glossy plus it provides a better grip for the pearl.

As you most likely know, thin is the way to go for letting the wood vibrate to the max. Thus going the show car way with various base paints, spray fillers, sanding paints, base colours, enhancing paints and finally a gazillion layers of clearcoat may not be advisable - although the looks would be spectacular! Anyhow, testing with scrap pieces is recommendable as always.

Yes, thanks @ScottRand @Bizman62for this info and the link. Because I would be doing White, I am wondering if a Catalized Varnish clear at the end would less susceptible to yellowing over time compared to Nitro lacquer...? 

4 minutes ago, Stolysmaster said:

Yes, thanks @ScottRand @Bizman62for this info and the link. Because I would be doing White, I am wondering if a Catalized Varnish clear at the end would less susceptible to yellowing over time compared to Nitro lacquer...? 

I think that is a wise move, if you plan to keep the guitar 20 years or more....and don't want yellow pearl.

SR