Dinky style guitar

Thanks all, I can’t believe I won, I was convinced the green guitar would get it cause it was lovely too.  

I’m really chuffed with this guitar, haven’t put it down since.  I did a 6 hour marathon practice session yesterday and now my hands hurt!!  I know I should stop whingeing  like a baby.🙃

I did an A/B against the EVH 5150 replica and there was no comparison.  The SD Custom Custom pickup in the 5150 sounds so weak in comparison to the EMG.  

Must be the choice of woods but the resonance feels much better, When it’s sitting on my knee I can feel the strings vibrating.  Very cool.  Whereas the 5150 feels dead...could be the multiple layers of paint and lacquer on that.

45 minutes ago, willliam_q said:

Whereas the 5150 feels dead...could be the multiple layers of paint and lacquer on that

That might be one reason, however I'd suggest you this little trick: Tuned to pitch loosen the neck bolts by a quarter turn, then tighten again. If the tuning goes flat I bet you'll notice a difference in vibrations!

Note that if the tuning changes with that trick you'll have to intonate the guitar to match the new shorter scale length.