Options for those without access to tools.

I'm living in an appt now, so I don't have access to my router. I left my tool chest close to the front in my rented storage garage, so I can still access anything in there...

Now what are my options? I obviously can't route a new body. I could find a place that lets you rent time in a wood shop, but that could get costly, and I wouldn't want to make my first guitar with tools I'm not familiar with. This basically limits me to three options:

1. Premade, unassembled guitars.

2. Premade, assemebled guitars.

3. Production guitars.

Once I found a website that sold cheap Strat and Tele copies that you put together. It came with all the wiring and such you'd need. However the bodies aren't finished, and the headstocks weren't shaped at all.

I also vaguely remember a website that offered several generic body shapes, and gave lots of options as far as customization goes. I don't think they ship with any kind of finish.

And of course, I could just go to a guitar store and buy a guitar. The only production guitar I'm remotely interested in right now is a Peavey Wolfgang, however very few guitar stores carry them, so I would probably have to order off the internet.

If I did order a custom guitar, how would I get it finished? Would it be hard to find someone to finish it for me? Also, if you could provide me with links to either of the afformentioned website, that would be great. I lost all my links when I had to reformat.

Thanks.

I don't know about the Warmoth guitars... By the time you pay for a finished guitar, you might as well have the real thing. I'm eventually going to get a real Wolfgang, but right now I've shifted my attention to this right here:

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jht...98&PRID=1037784

$300. I haven't heard anything but raving reviews for them on harmonycentral. Plus the price is right...

Those light oil-finished necks can go a little crazy when they're still new (I've seen it). You'd be better off with a used one that's "settled in" , and have fret-work done if it's needed.

One of my customers bought an American Wolfgang for around $400.00 on ebay.

Also the resale value on the real thing is probably better than a home built version.