Is my truss rod broken?

So I have an agile pendulum 82825 8 string guitar which has two truss rods. Don't judge me but I for some reason thought one tightened clockwise, the other counterclockise. I know, absolutely moronic. So basically what I was doing was diminishing the relief with the bass end truss rod, while adding more relief with the treble end one! LOL I can not believe how dumb I am. So they were bascally cancelling each other out. Anyway, on the bass end, it eventually was turned too much went and went POP. Then it went completely slack. No tension anymore. I thought it had completely broken it, but then I turned it some more (clockwise of course) and it started to tension again. I ended up getting the action decent (at this point I realize to turn the treble and rod clockwise as well), but I'm not sure if It was solely treble end rod doing all the work straightening the neck, or if the bass end rod actually still works aswell and kind of "reset to neutral" after being turned past the maximum. Is that possible?

Can a truss rod go back to neutral after being tightened past the maximum?

Basically I'm just curious if that truss rod is actually broken, or if its still useful.

Thank you all!

2 hours ago, mrjimothysir said:

Can a truss rod go back to neutral after being tightened past the maximum?

Not that I know of. I'd think there would be stripped threads involved. Or a broken weld. If you got it to a playable action, and it does not rattle, cross your fingers and keep playing.

SR

Another option would be that you simply unscrewed the nut off the end of the rod, if you were turning it counter-clockwise. It would not necessarily fall off since the hole for the allen key is usually smaller than the diameter of the nut.

6 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

Another option would be that you simply unscrewed the nut off the end of the rod, if you were turning it counter-clockwise. It would not necessarily fall off since the hole for the allen key is usually smaller than the diameter of the nut.

That's the one I'd pray for.....

SR